Jimmy got his real birthday cake today. Yesterday we had cupcakes because we had to save the "special" cake for when Granddad and Grandma & the great-grandparents came over. So I worked on Jimmy's "Thomas" cake all day looooong. Seriously, it took me all day because someone wouldn't take a nap today of all days AND he discovered how to climb out of his crib! Not to mention he kept bringing me his trains and wanting me to put them back on the tracks, etc....*sigh* they are only little once!!!
This is only the second cake I have ever decorated, at least in a very long time. I may have when I was younger, but I don't remember. My mom always made us cakes and drew our favorite characters on them, so I really like to carry on that tradition. I am posting two pics today to show a view of the whole cake and then one of Jimmy's blowing out his candles.


No comments:
Post a Comment